Its been always a long process to reach to desired folder using "cd" command on Command Prompt. It was easier to have a context menu for any folder in Windows Explorer as "Start command here". I had been using it for such a long time, so don't know who told me how to do this, but recently a friend asked me so thought it is easier to post a blog and point him to the post.
- Open Windows explorer
- Go to Tools menu -> Folder Options -> File Types. You can probably reach this place via control panel also.
- Select "Folder" remember not to select "File Folder" and click on "Advanced". I already have created "command" as my context menu so you will see that here too.
- Click New and put Action as "Start command here" and Application used as absolute path to cmd.exe usually it is in your system32 directory.
- Click "Ok" and then "Close" to get back to Windows Explorer.
- Right click on any folder in Windows Explorer to see the context menu added.