The transaction log for database '%.*ls' is full. To find out why space in the log cannot be reused, see the log_reuse_wait_desc column in sys.databasesThere are various reason to get the error. Transaction log expansion may occur because of the following reasons or scenarios: The linked MS Technet article does not help but confuses you.
• Uncommitted Transactions
• Extremely Large Transactions
• Operations: DBCC DBREINDEX and CREATE INDEX
• While Restoring from Transaction Log Backups
• Client Applications Do Not Process All Results
• Queries Time Out Before a Transaction Log Completes the Expansion and You Receive False 'Log Full' Error Messages
• Unreplicated Transactions
Check this FORUM POST out, excellent suggestion, set transaction recovery mode to "Simple". Try that once through database properties panel, it does not work for first time. few times it definitley works. Try changing the "Auto Shrink" and "Auto Close" properties to "True"